… to our Island theatres, theatre groups, youth theatre groups, school/college drama departments, performing arts / dance / theatre schools, self-professed ‘luvvies’ and theatre-goers!
On Wednesday 15 November, theatres, amateur groups, arts companies and audiences from across the UK and beyond will take part in the third #LoveTheatreDay to celebrate theatre and raise awareness of the performing arts.
The team at IWtheatre will be joining them and would like to invite everyone from the Island theatre scene to join in! This is an opportunity for all involved with Island theatre, to celebrate the rich talent and commitment we have within the Island theatre community.
Open to all, from the people behind the scenes who make the magic happen, to the audiences who put bums on seats every week.
In challenging times, #LoveTheatreDay will give the Island theatre community an opportunity to shout about the magnificent work they do, both on and off stage. It will help theatre groups forge relationships with new audiences and others within the theatre community. Most of all, it will drive positive, active engagement in the run up to the busy festive season.
Celebrating our talented Isle
Like previous year’s events, there will be one main hashtag, which this year will group all three words together: #LoveTheatreDay. This will guide the overall conversation throughout the day; but we are being encouraged to make the day a true celebration of our talented, theatre-rich Island!
In preparing for this event, we have listened to recommendations and feedback from members of the Island theatre groups, and would like to invite you to also use the following hashtag to identify yourselves as part of our Island theatre-loving community:
This is a simple hashtag to use on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook from your mobile devices, utilising the heart emoji (or #iLOVEwtheatre if the emoji eludes you!).
How to get involved
Just utilise your social media channels and post away on Wednesday 15th November, remembering to use the campaign hashtags in your postings:
In our next #LoveTheatreDay post, we will focus on some more ideas about how you can get involved further on the Island and how exactly you could post on your social media channels. Watch this space!
The team at IWtheatre are here to support you!
Next steps: celebrating our Island theatre community
- Sign up to the official #LoveTheatreDay campaign to receive briefings directly. Please let us know how you will be participating and if the IWtheatre team can assist.
- Make sure that you also invite your followers/fans/members to participate.
- START NOW! Start capturing and preparing material to be shared on the day: rehearsal photos, sound bites from production meetings, backstage tours, etc. Capture it, prepare it and then post it on the day.
- Make good use of the official #LoveTheatreDay logo and the support the Island theatre community by also using the #ILOVEWtheatre logo (we will make sure these are on our Facebook page for you to download!)
- Have fun and be creative! Let’s celebrate all that the Island theatre community has to offer!
The team at IWtheatre.org will aim to support you in any way that we can – just contact us via Facebook or email (firstname.lastname@example.org). In the meantime, thank you to all the groups who have already contacted us to confirm that they will be participating.